ORGANISATION/COMPANYINSTITUT DE RECERCA I TECNOLOGIA AGROALIMENTARIES (IRTA)
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/06/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Lleida
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE17/05/2019
REFERENCE NUMBERREF. 18-19
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
- To execute and contribute in the on-going research activities of the project and performing experiments related to NIR spectroscopy technology in dry fruit and nuts and fruits.
- To actively propose and write research project to submit in competitive calls.
- To perform analysis with techniques such as NIR spectroscopy, NIR hyperspectral imaging, cromatography and instrumental quality of fruits.
- To handle the collected data, from the data management to the statistical analysis.
- To perform the statistical analysis and stablish validation models through multivariate analysis.
- To be involved in knowledge transfer actives such as workshops and events for the advisory service.
- To take part in writing scientific articles to be published in SCI® journals, progress report process and technical reports of the on-going research activities in English, Catalan and Spanish.
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted for one year basis with the possibility of renewal.
Gross salary will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience, of approximately 30,000 € / year.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences › Agricultural products
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentOTHER: Excellent
- PhD on Biology, Food Sciences, Biotechnology and Agronomy or similar areas. Candidates must hold the PhD certification before starting the job contract.
- Experience and knowledge on analysis within the agri-indutries such as NIR spectroscopy and NIR hyperspectral imaging and chromatography.
- Knowledge on instrumental analysis to measure the quality parameters in fruits and dry fruits and nuts.
- Knowledge of multi-variant analysis, especially PLS.
- Fluent communication and writing skills in English, Catalan and Spanish.
- Driving licence and availability to travel.
- Experience on applied research, innovation and knowledge transfer for plant production.
- Experience as a Postdoctoral researcher in Universities or Research Centres.
- Experience in quality analysis of agrifood laboratories.
- Advance knowledge on statistical analysis and data management.
- Experience on working under ISO or similar quality management systems.
- Good communications skills, backed with experience on knowledge transfer activities (oral and written), such as publications and presentations.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at INSTITUT DE RECERCA I TECNOLOGIA AGROALIMENTARIES (IRTA)
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 401010
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.