ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Bioorganic Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › BiologyChemistry › Applied chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/06/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Poznan
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/07/2019
Keywords: chemical biology/biological chemistry, molecular assays, high throughput screening (HTS), optical microscopy, bioanalytics
The Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, PAS, in Poznan is a unique, interdisciplinary science center, both on the European and global scale, that hosts studies orchestrating the fields of chemistry, biology and informatics. It prides itself on having modern working space at its disposal, accompanied by very well equipped, professional laboratories, supporting research conducted at its premises. Within the framework of the strategy for the development of interdisciplinary research fields, the Centre for High-Throughput Screening Studies, a unique institution on the national scale, featuring automated, high-throughput screening platform called AGAMEDE, was established. The Centre hosts research and commercial services within domestic and international cooperation (e.g. as a partner site for the European project EU-OPENSCREEN), aimed at searching for biologically active compounds and their functional mechanisms within biological systems.
Currently, in view of the Centre’s dynamic growth, it is planned to develop the Laboratory of Molecular Assays aimed at designing new assays and adjusting the existing ones to the requirements of high-throughput screening studies (the so called HTS). Within the framework of these actions, employment of a research specialist is planned (research-technician) or an assistant professor (researcher), with possible, either immediate or prospective, promotion to a head of laboratory (depending on experience and qualifications of the candidate)
It is expected that the newly employed person operates within the Centre for High-Throughput Screening Studies, in cooperation with other laboratories (i.a. Laboratory of Screening Analyses) and research groups, both within the Institute and outside, and carry out individual research and commercial projects. Furthermore, the person employed as a head of laboratory shall also coordinate the actions of the research group comprised of research technicians, give opinion on research and commercial projects, as well as build and maintain relations with domestic and foreign partners
VII Employment conditions:
- Salary: 4500–5350 PLN/per month (gross) (depending on the position).
- Employment period: 3 years with possible extension.
- Preferable date of employment: July 1st, 2019.
Please contact the Head of the Center for further details:
Dr. Jacek Kolanowski,
phone: (+48) 61 852 85 03, ext. 165
2. Motivation letter referring to the requirements indicated in part I ("Requirements for candidates").
4. Copy of diploma.
5. Information about experience/achievements in research teaching and administration, including:
- List of publications (with Hirsch Index and citation number).
- List of inventions, patents implementations etc.
- Information about participation in research projects as PI or Co-investigator (together with description of aims and results of the project together with indication and description of candidate’s role in the projects).
- Information about research trainings and conferences
- Information about awards and distinctions.
- Information about experience in a supervision of students and scientific/technical personnel.
6. Two letters of reference and contact details for scientific personnel who can provide the reference.
7. Documents confirming potential breaks in the career.
At the same time, I acknowledge that I have the right to request from IBCH PAS access to my personal data and the right to amend them.
I also hereby declare that I have been informed about my right to file complaint to a supervisory agency: i.e. Inspector General for Personal Data Protection, in the event of breaching the principles of processing my personal data, stipulated in the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC”, through the fault of IBCH PAS.*
III. The applications shall be sent via electronic mail, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Recruitment procedure no. 12/2019, in a single PDF file.
Should there be no possibility of submitting the documents via e-mail, the applications can also be sent via traditional mail to the address of the secretariat of the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, PAS - Noskowskiego 12-14, 61-704 Poznan, POLAND, with the following notice on the envelope: "Recruitment procedure for the position
of a research specialist/assistant professor – 12/2019". Please do not send original documents.
IV The submission deadline is June 14th, 2019. The date of submission shall be decisiv
V Selected candidates may be invited to an interview (in person or in the form of a teleconfer
VI The recruitment procedure shall be concluded no later than June 21st, 2019.
VII Employment shall take place in accordance with the stipulations of the Labor Code of Poland.
* Please note that:
- The Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, seated in Noskowskiego St. 12/14, 61-704 Poznan; REGON 000849327, NIP 777-00-02-062 (further referred to as IBCH PAS) is the administrator of the collected personal data. For further details on personal data processing, please contact the data protection officer - email@example.com.
- The personal data of the candidates are processed for the purposes of conducting the recruitment procedure no. 12/2019 for the position of a Research Specialist or Assistant Professor.
- The recipients ofpersonal data concerning the candidates are members of the relevant recruitment committees or other parties responsible for the recruitment procedure.
- The personal data of the candidates shall not be transferred to any third country.
- The personal data of the candidates recommended for employment within the aforementioned recruitment procedure shall be transferred to the IBCH PAS administrative departments.
- The personal data of the candidates not recommended for employment shall be subject to processing for the maximum period of 10 years upon the date of decision of the recruitment committee. Following this period, the data will be irretrievably and effectively destroyed, so that they can no longer be accessed or reconstructed by any means.
- The candidates have the right to request from the Institute access to their personal data and the right to amend them.
- The candidate may at any moment withdraw the consent to process personal data. The data will then be irretrievably and effectively destroyed, so that they can no longer be accessed or reconstructed by any means, and the candidature shall not be further taken into account in the recruitment procedure.
- In any case, the candidate has a right to file complaint to the my right to file complaint to a supervisory agency: i.e. Inspector General for Personal Data Protection.
- Requirements for candidates:
- At least a PhD degree in biology, chemistry or related field.
- Ability to carry out scientific projects independently and efficiently, generate creative solutions to research problems and design and analyze bioanalytical experiments.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience in:
a) design, development and analysis of results of molecular assays in vitro and in cellulo (e.g. based on small molecule fluorescent probes and/or transgenic systems, bioluminogenic assays in cellulo, enzymatic assays)
b) fluorescence microscopy, cell culture and work with microplate reader
- An additional advantage (but not obligatory) will be theoretical knowledge and/or practical experience in, molecular biology, spectroscopy, data analysis (in particular image analysis), automation and/or programming (or similar).
- Very good level of English (in speech and in writing).
- Experience in or capacity to manage research teams (particularly for a position of Lab Leader), high work culture and ability to work under deadlines, and in collaboration with external partners.
- Required documents:
- 1. Letter of application, addressed to the Director of IBCH PAS, featuring a mandatory statement of consent regarding processing of personal data:
„I hereby give consent to process my personal data included in my offer, for the purposes of the recruitment procedure, and to disclose my name and surname in the "recruitment results" section of the IBCH PAS website, by the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences in Poznan, seated in: Z. Noskowskiego St. 12/14, 61-704 Poznan; REGON 000849327, NIP 777-00-02-062 (further referred to as IBCH PAS). I therefore acknowledge that the Institute hereby becomes the administrator of my data. I have been acquainted with all the consequences resulting thereof, in particular with the following provisions:
1. For more details with regard to processing my personal data, I shall contact the Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. My personal data are processed for the purposes of the recruitment procedure no. 12/2019 for the position
of a Research Specialist or Assistant Professor.
3. The recipients of my personal data are members of the relevant recruitment committees or other parties responsible for the recruitment procedure.
4. My personal data shall not be transferred to any third country.
5. Should my candidature be recommended for employment, my personal data may be transferred to the IBCH PAS administrative departments, in order to establish an employment relationship; as well as public institutions maintaining records of recruitment procedures for scientific positions and candidates taking part in these recruitment procedures.
6. Should my candidature not be recommended for employment, my personal data shall be subject to processing for the maximum period of 10 years upon the date of decision of the recruitment committee. Following this period, the data will be irretrievably and effectively destroyed, so that they can no longer be accessed or reconstructed by any means.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 406652
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.