ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Bioorganic Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Analytical chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/06/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Poznan
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
Keywords: biological chemistry, chemical biology, chemical synthesis, fluorescent probes, protein biochemistry
The department of Molecular Probes and Pro-drugs is a new, cross-disciplinary research group focused on the development and use of chemical tools (small molecules) to investigate and control biological mechanisms of health and disease (in particular cancer and neurodegeneration). The group is now expanding and looking for ambitious individuals interested in exploring the interface of chemistry and biology, who wish to learn new skills and techniques and work in a dynamic and international research environment.
Project: This project entitled “Small Molecule tools to investigate local microenvironment of proteins”, is funded by the OPUS grant scheme. The main objective is to develop responsive probes can covalently label selected, specific native proteins of interest in live cells and become activated to measure their local nanoenvironment. As local levels of biochemical parameters such as, for example, pH, ionic concentration and viscosity direct protein activity, this will open up a completely new level of understanding and investigating biological processes and disease. You will be responsible for a synthesis and spectroscopic characterization of the probes and their activity. In addition, you will collaborate with various experts in a wide range of activities, including biochemical and proteomic analysis of cellular samples, fluorescent microscopy imaging, cell culture and molecular biology.
- An innovative and challenging research agenda from the interface of chemistry and biology
- The opportunity to gain expertise and learn a wide range of skills (from organic and analytical chemistry to molecular biology and biotechnology)
- International travel and experience (including conferences and research placements in Europe and Australia)
- Career guidance, self-development opportunities and mentorship
- A friendly and international working environment, and opportunities for outreach activities
The applications shall be sent via electronic mail, to the following address: email@example.com, subject line: Recruitment procedure no. 13/2019, in a single PDF file.
Should there be no possibility of submitting the documents via e-mail, the applications can also be sent via traditional mail to the address of the secretariat of the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, PAS - Noskowskiego 12-14, 61-704 Poznan, POLAND, with the following notice on the envelope: "Recruitment procedure for the position of a research specialist/assistant professor – 8/2019". Please do not send original documents.
The submission deadline is June 14th, 2019. The date of submission shall be decisive.
Selected candidates may be invited to an interview (in person or in the form of a teleconference.
A succesful candidate is obliged to pass an entry exam, in order to be enrolled into IBCH PAS Doctoral Program.
The recruitment procedure shall be concluded no later than June 21st, 2019.
Employment shall take place in accrodance with the stipulations of the Labor Code of Poland.
Gross Salary - 10 000 PLN/per month,
Employment period - 1 year, with possible extention to 21 months
Preferable date of employment: 01.07.2019.
1. Letter of application addressed to the Director of IBCH PAS*.
2. CV with a short description of the actions and tasks performed within research projects.
3. Copy of the PhD diploma (or MSc diploma with a written notice of the scheduled date of doctoral defense).
4. Information about experience/achievements in research teaching and administration, including:
- List of publications (with Hirsch Index and citation number).
- List of inventions, patents implementations etc.
- Information about participation in research projects as PI or Co-investigator (together with description of aims and results of the project together with indication and description of candidate’s role in the projects).
- Information about research trainings and conferences
- Information about awards and distinctions.
- Information about experience in a supervision of students and scientific/technical personnel.
5. Two letters of reference and contact details for scientific personnel who can provide the reference.
6. Documents confirming potential career breaks.
7. Other, additional information
**At the same time, I acknowledge that I have the right to request from IBCH PAS access to my personal data and the right to amend them.
I also hereby declare that I have been informed about my right to file complaint to a supervisory agency: i.e. Inspector General for Personal Data Protection, in the event of breaching the principles of processing my personal data, stipulated in the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC”, through the fault of IBCH PAS.***
*** Please note that:
- The Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, seated in Noskowskiego St. 12/14, 61-704 Poznan; REGON 000849327, NIP 777-00-02-062 (further referred to as IBCH PAS) is the administrator of the collected personal data. For further details on personal data processing, please contact the data protection officer - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The personal data of the candidates are processed for the purposes of conducting the recruitment procedure no. 13/2019.
- The recipients ofpersonal data concerning the candidates are members of the relevant recruitment committees or other parties responsible for the recruitment procedure.
- The personal data of the candidates shall not be transferred to any third country.
- The personal data of the candidates recommended for employment within the aforementioned recruitment procedure shall be transferred to the IBCH PAS administrative departments.
- The personal data of the candidates not recommended for employment shall be subject to processing for the maximum period of 10 years upon the date of decision of the recruitment committee. Following this period, the data will be irretrievably and effectively destroyed, so that they can no longer be accessed or reconstructed by any means.
- The candidates have the right to request from the Institute access to their personal data and the right to amend them.
- The candidate may at any moment withdraw the consent to process personal data. The data will then be irretrievably and effectively destroyed, so that they can no longer be accessed or reconstructed by any means, and the candidature shall not be further taken into account in the recruitment procedure.
- In any case, the candidate has a right to file complaint to the my right to file complaint to a supervisory agency: i.e. Inspector General for Personal Data Protection.
For further information, please contact the Head of the Department of Molecular Probes and Prodrugs:
Dr. Jacek Kolanowski,
phone: (+48) 61 852 85 03, ext. 165
Requirements from candidates:
1. A PhD degree in chemistry or related field (or will obtain PhD degree by 30.06.2019, as confirmed by a signed declaration of a PhD supervisor and/or a home Institution)
2. Ability to take responsibility for own project, working efficiently in a team, strong communication and organisational skills
3. Strong ability and experience in organic synthesis
4. Very good level of English (in speech and in writing)
5. Experience in and/or willingness to supervise students
Additional knowledge and/or practical experience in one or more of the following will be an advantage (but not necessary): proteomics, fluorescent microscopy, protein biochemistry, cell culture, molecular biology, working with spectrofluorometer / microplate reader / HPLC, use of small molecule compounds for live cell application
*The letter of application should include the following statement:
„I hereby give consent to process my personal data included in my offer, for the purposes of the recruitment procedure, and to disclose my name and surname in the "recruitment results" section of the IBCH PAS website, by the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences in Poznan, seated in: Z. Noskowskiego St. 12/14, 61-704 Poznan; REGON 000849327, NIP 777-00-02-062 (further referred to as IBCH PAS). I therefore acknowledge that the Institute
hereby becomes the administrator of my data. I have been acquainted with all the consequences resulting thereof, in particular with the following provisions:
1. For more details with regard to processing my personal data, I shall contact the Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
2. My personal data are processed for the purposes of the recruitment procedure no. 13/2019 for the position of a Research Assistant or Assistant Professor (Post-doc).
3. The recipients of my personal data are members of the relevant recruitment committees or other parties responsible for the recruitment procedure.
4. My personal data shall not be transferred to any third country.
5. Should my candidature be recommended for employment, my personal data may be transferred to the IBCH PAS administrative departments, in order to establish an employment relationship; as well as public institutions maintaining records of recruitment procedures for scientific positions and candidates taking part in these recruitment procedures.
6. Should my candidature not be recommended for employment, my personal data shall be subject to processing for the maximum period of 10 years upon the date of decision of the recruitment committee. Following this period, the data will be irretrievably and effectively destroyed, so that they can no longer be accessed or reconstructed by any means.**
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 407281
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.