Regulated professions

Working in Europe | Recognition of diplomas | Poland

If the qualifications were gained in the EU or EFTA member states, and Switzerland, they have to be recognized by the competent authority in that country. If there are significant differences between the required qualifications, then a person needs to go through an adaptation period or take a test in Poland.

If the qualifications were obtained outside the EU and EFTA member states, or Switzerland, they will be recognised in Poland in accordance with the national legislation. This means that a person wishing to practice a regulated profession in Poland should first have the foreign certificate or higher education diploma recognized by a relevant authority, and only then he/she should apply for professional rights in accordance with the regulations related to the given profession.

If you have questions related to the recognition of qualifications, contact an assistance centre in Poland operating in the Ministry of Science and Higher Education:; +48 22 52 92 266; +48 22 52 92 324

The ENIC Network (European Network of National Information Centres on academic recognition and mobility) was established by the Council of Europe and UNESCO in order to develop policy and practice for the recognition of qualifications. In addition, the European Commission created the National Academic Recognition Information Centres (NARIC) which aim at improving recognition of foreign qualifications in the EU countries, the European Economic Area countries, Switzerland and Turkey.

Source (Ministry of Science and Higher Education)