ORGANISATION NAMEPontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul (PUCRS)
FUNDING TYPEFundingMobility IncomingTravel Grants
RESEARCH FIELDFormal sciencesHumanitiesNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciencesSocial sciences
CAREER STAGEEstablished Researcher (R3) (Researchers who have developed a level of independence)Leading Researcher (R4) (Researchers leading their research area or field)
This call is intended to increase the number of international faculty – including Brazilians who live overseas – in the Graduate Programs of Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul (PUCRS), located in Porto Alegre, Brazil. The initiative to bring these professors and researchers to PUCRS is an effort to expand the network of international collaborators in the University’s Graduate Programs.
The call is open for proposals associated with cooperation projects and others associated with the Office of the Vice President. The priority themes are:
1: HEALTH IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
2: WORLD IN MOTION: INDIVIDUALS AND SOCIETY
3: TECHNOLOGY AND BIODIVERSITY: SUSTAINABILITY, ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
Duration and number of scholarships
The duration of the scholarships ranges from 15 days to 2 months deppending on the project associated.
Click here to find out more about the number of scholarships
The applicant must fulfill the following requirements at the time of registration:
- Have a PhD and relevant academic production, especially within the last 5 (five) years;
- Have a relevant academic production, preferably within the last 5 years;
- Be employed by an institution from outside of Brazil. Applications from scholars who are teaching or doing research in Brazil will not be accepted.
- It is desirable that the applicant be paired up with a local faculty at the host institution for assistance during their stay in Brazil and at PUCRS.
- Registration form completed and signed (click here to access the form)
- Copy of the doctoral degree diploma.
- Copy of the passport.
- Work Plan, in Portuguese or English, addressing the following criteria:
- Title, applicant name and area of expertise;
- Activity program including, for instance, short-term courses or training programs. The proposed programs must include purposes and goals to be developed during the scholar’s stay at PUCRS and make use of the university’s infrastructure. It must state that it will be of benefit to the largest number of members of the academic community, especially students;
- Schedule of execution of the activities to be developed by the applicant, with the expected date of development of each activity;
- Relevance of the theme;
- Theoretical and methodological basis for the development of the work plan;
- Anticipated impacts during the stay, within the goals of PII;
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter from the applicant, in English or in Portuguese, certifying their compliance with the terms and conditions for the program to be developed during the specified period of their stay. This letter must include the date and a signature.
- Letter from the applicant’s home institution certifying their compliance with the aplicant’s length of stay at PUCRS.
- The documentation for this call must be submitted in PDF file to email@example.com.
The Institutional Project of Internationalization of PUCRS, in application for Call 41/2017 – Capes/PrInt, is intended to develop and incorporate international perspectives into the University’s Graduate Programs and Research, with an eye to academic excellence and effective actions for society’s global issues. PUCRS offers several programs for international researchers to come in order to develop international cooperation projects.
Founded in 1948, PUCRS is a reference in higher education and research in the country and in the world, consisting of several units that promote professional and scientific development at the higher education level as well as theoretical and hands-on research in the main academic areas. The institution is keen to store and make the findings of its research actions and extension activities available to the public.
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.