ORGANIZACJA/FIRMAUniversity of Warsaw
PROFIL NAUKOWCARecognised Researcher (R2)
TERMIN SKŁADANIA DOKUMENTÓW15/01/2020 16:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOKALIZACJAPoland › Warsaw
LICZBA GODZIN TYGODNIOWO40
Data rozpoczęcia OFERTA01/04/2020
The cloud-modelling group at the Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw invites applications for a full-time post-doctoral position. The post holder is expected to join our team for 24 months.
The successful candidate will join our Research Group Microphysics of Clouds (https://www.igf.fuw.edu.pl/en/projects/research-groups/mikrofizyka-chmur/) working on the project entitled Turbulent dynamics and microphysics in a Stochastic Lagrangian Cloud Model (https://www.igf.fuw.edu.pl/en/projects/138/) .
We are seeking a candidate with a background in physics (atmospheric physics or computational atmospheric science) or with the Earth and environmental sciences. Interdisciplinary experience in turbulence modelling will be appreciated.
Experience in co-operative programming, knowledge of C++ and/or Python, and general knowledge of open standards and tools of applicability in numerical modelling will all constitute additional assets.
The post is based in Warsaw, Poland. The project is carried out in co-operation with partners from NCAR. A very good command of written and spoken English is essential and the candidate can expect the same from all members of the team. The candidate is required to hold a PhD degree by the date of appointment.
The project and the position is fully funded by the Polish National Science Centre (NCN). There are no constraints as to the nationality of the applicant, although there are no relocation or home-travel funds offered. In addition to a competitive salary, the post holder will have access to travel funds for international meetings.
The candidates have to conform to the conditions stated in art. 113 of Higher Education Law dated 20.07.2018. (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2018, item 1668).
The employment will take place in accordance with the regulations of the National Science Center (NCN). In particular the employed person must meet the following conditions jointly:
• during the period of collecting this remuneration, he / she may not receive any other remuneration in any form from the NCN funds;
• the principal investigator was not the supervisor / auxiliary supervisor in his / her PhD;
• during the period of collecting this remuneration, he / she does not receive any other remuneration on the basis of a contract of employment with any other employer;
Please direct the applications and any other inquiries to prof. Hanna Pawlowska (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The applications should include a CV detailing the candidate's experience and research track record. A cover letter outlining the motivation and providing names of two reference persons is also requested.
The candidate should be ready to start no later than January 2020.
Benefits according to the employment rules at the University of Warsaw. 36 days vacations per year.
Candidates should submit their applications to the Secretariat of the Institute of Geophysics (Pasteura 5, 02-093 Warszawa, room B4.41, e-mail: Sekretariat.IGF@fuw.edu.pl ) including:
- Application for the position.
- CV with contact information.
- List of research publications, including number of citations according to the Web of Science database and short description of three most important achievements.
- Detailed information on candidate’s scientific career.
- Copy of PhD diploma or a formal confirmation of PhD degree (required at the time of employment).
- Contact information to at least two scientists who can provide opinions on the candidate.
- A filled-in form: Personal questionnaire for the person applying for employment (to be found on the website http://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze/ ® For the person applying for employment, ® 1. Personal questionnaire for the person applying for employment (Questionnaire)).
- A filled-in form: Information on the processing of personal data (to be found on the website http://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze/ ® For the person applying for employment, ® 2 information on the processing of personal data).
The documents listed above as 1-4 and 7-8 should be signed by the candidate. Questions concerning the post should be addressed to prof Hanna Pawlowska (email@example.com ).
The decision will be taken by the commission appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Physics not later than January 31, 2020 based on the critical evaluation of submitted documents and opinions about the candidate. The candidate may be asked for a qualification interview with the commission. The candidates will be informed individually.
The candidates will be informed about the results of selection procedure by e-mail.
Web site for additional job details
Wymagane doświadczenie badawcze
DOŚWIADCZENIE BADAWCZE W LATACH1 - 4
DOŚWIADCZENIE BADAWCZE W LATACH1 - 4
WYMAGANE WYKSZTAŁCENIEPhysics: PhD or equivalent
WYMAGANE JĘZYKIENGLISH: Good
- PhD in science or engineering,
- good background in physics or in earth and environmental sciences (atmospheric physics, computational atmospheric science),
- interdisciplinary experience in turbulence modelling will be appreciated,
- good skills in programming; experience in co-operative programming, knowledge of C++ and Python,
good knowledge in programming on GPU
The candidate must satisfy the condition required by National Science Centre, Poland. In particular, the candidate must have obtained a doctoral degree not earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project. This period does not include breaks related to maternity leave, holiday on the conditions of maternity leave, paternity leave, parental leave or educational leave, granted on the terms set out in the provisions of the Labor Code or collection sickness benefit or rehabilitation benefit in connection with inability to work, including caused a disease requiring medical rehabilitation. For women, the indicated 7-year period can be extended by 18 months for each born or adopted child. A woman can choose a more favorable way indication of breaks in a scientific career.
Numer oferty: 440862
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.