ORGANIZACJA/FIRMAWroclaw University of Science and Technology
DZIEDZINA BADAŃBiological sciences › BiologyChemistry › Biochemistry
PROFIL NAUKOWCAEstablished Researcher (R3)
TERMIN SKŁADANIA DOKUMENTÓW06/01/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOKALIZACJAPoland › Wrocław
LICZBA GODZIN TYGODNIOWO22 (0,55 full-time)
Data rozpoczęcia OFERTA01/02/2020
PROGRAM RAMOWY UEFP7
REFERENCE NUMBERTEAM-Net application_YD
Fix Neutropenia (FIXNET): focusing on neutrophil proteases defects which serve as novel diagnostic and therapeutic options
Project is carried out within the TEAM NET programme of the Foundation for Polish Science within the TEAM NET programme of the Foundation for Polish Science.
Neutrophil granulocytes (NGs) are the most abudant leukocyte population and their dysfunction frequently affects vaccination program and is linked with a high risk of life-threatening infection (in Poland approx. 3.000 children/yr). NGs contain specialized set of granules which incorporate a number of functionally important proteins including specific neutrophil serine proteases (NSPs). Genetic mutations of NSPs frequently lead to NGs defects. Thus, NSPs are essential for neutrophil development and action. The main objective of the current project is to marge clinical and genomic data with molecular biology of NSPs and unique highly selective chemical tools for identification of their role in NGs dysfunction. Joined efforts of three academic centers as an established the FIXNET consortium will work together to reach this goal. This will develop cutting-edge diagnostics and will explore new therapeutic horizons for patients with rare and common diseases associated with NGs dysfunction.
Prof. Wojciech Młynarski – Project leader
Prof. Marcin Drąg – Scientific Supervisor (Wrocław University of Science and Technology)
dr Paulina Kasperkiewicz- Wasilewska - Team Leader
Key responsibilities include:
Neutrophil protease screening using activity-based probes among various defects leading to neutropenia
The application of mass cytometry and metal-tagged activity based probes in the investigation of the role of neutrophil proteases in neutropenia
1. Operating Mass Cytometer apparatus – samples preparation, design and conducting experiments, data analysis (t-SNE and viSNE algorithms), instrument calibration and maintenance, training other users (within TEAM-Net project)
2. In-house conjugation of antibodies with metal tags, chemical synthesis of metal-tagged activity based probes for neutrophil proteases
3. Solid phase peptide synthesis, peptides purification and analysis
4. Activity-based probes design, synthesis, purification and analysis
5. Enzyme kinetics
6. Cell culture assays
7. Isolation and analysis of white blood cells
8. Design and analysis of microscopic slides with confocal microscope and cells with FACS
9. Publications writing and data presentation at conferences
Salary: 8250 PLN before taxes (~ 5800 PLN gross) – 6- 9 years after PhD defend (the beginning of this period is a year of diploma obtaining, and the end is a year of application deadline)
5500 PLN before taxes (~ 4000 PLN gross) – up to 5 years after PhD defend (the beginning of this period is a year of diploma obtaining, and the end is a year of application deadline)
Maximum period of contract agreement: 30.09.2023
Opportunity for self-improvement and self-development in young and experienced scientific team
1. CV with a list of published articles (up to 3 pages A4)
2. Copy of the document confirming the PhD degree
3. List of publications in journals from JCR list, list of presentations at conferences on project-related subjects
4. The copy of at least 2 publications from JCR list in which the candidate is the first and/or corresponding author
5. Documents confirming the participation in research projects as a project leader or a main contractor and in foreign scientific and/or industrial internship
6. Declaration of consent to the processing of personal data included in the application for the purposes of the recruitment process in accordance with art. 6 par. 1 lit. a Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) – see below
7. Description of the most innovative, documented acheivement (up to 1 page A4)
The application will be analyzed by the Recruitment Commission included 3 Members: Scientific Supervisor, Team Leader and other scientist in the field of project subject.
Recrutation shall include two phases:
An interview with selected Candidates
The participants of the recruitment process have the right to appeal within 7 days of receipt of feedback from Recruitment Commission.
The application documents should include the following statement:
"I hereby give consent to process my personal data included in my offer,for the purposes of the recruitment procedure, and to disclose my name and surname in the "recruitment results" section of the WUST website https://pwr.edu.pl/studenci/kariera/biuro-karier/mentee/mentee-klauzula, by the Wrocław University of Science and Technology address: Wybrzeże Wyspiańskiego 27 Str, Wrocław, Poland ; REGON 896-000-58-51, NIP 000001614 (further referred to as the WUST). I acknowledge that the WUST hereby becomes the administrator of my data. At the same time, I acknowledge that I have the right to request from the WUST access to my personal data and the right to amend them orwithdraw my consent to process them. I also declare that I have been informed about my right to file complaint to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection, in the case when the Institute breaches the principles of processing my personal data, stipulated in the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC”
1. PhD degree in the field of organic chemistry or similar up to 9 years after PhD defend (the beginning of this period is a year of diploma obtaining, and the end is a year of application deadline)
2. An ultimate requirement for the Applicant is the experience in mass cytometry technology confirmed by (a) research projects performed, and (b) publications or conference communications.
3. Experience in the synthesis and application of enzyme inhibitors or activity based probes (in vitro or ex vivo analyses)
4. Experience and technical skills in cell culturing and isolation of cells from whole blood
5. Scientist who has documented and completed foreign postdoctoral fellowship
6. Scientific achievements (including publications in international journals in which the candidate is the first either corresponding author)
7. At least one, minimum 12- month internship abroad (in a country other than the country of origin)
8. Documented experience in working in scientific projects
9. Experience in interdisciplinary projects
10. Experience in the commercialization of research results (confirmed, for example, by patents)
11. English language in writing and speaking on advanced level
Numer oferty: 444843
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.