ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Justice
RESEARCH FIELDJuridical sciences › Comparative lawJuridical sciences › Private law
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/10/2019 14:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
The successful candidate will be tasked with conducting academic research into substantial and procedural civil law, organising scientific conferences and performing additional organisational funciotions at the Institute.
Candidates must deliver the following documents:
- a copy of the diploma awarding the PhD in legal sciences;
- the completed form of “Application for the post of an Adjunct at the Section of Civil Law and Process”, (the form can be downloaded from www.iws.gov.pl). The form must include the following statements:
- the statement that the candidate has no civil record of convictions for intentional offences;
- the statement that the candidate has not violated academic ethics, in particular in the matters described in Article 56 (3) of the Research Institutes Act of 30 April 2010;
- the statement that the candidate is able to fully exercise civil and citizen’s rights;
- consent to the processing of the candidate’s personal data included in the application for the purposes of the competition.
- To enter the competition, a candidate must deliver the documents indicated in the notice of competition to the Institute’s Secretariat.
- The competition has two phases:
Phase one – the Competition Committee determines whether candidates satisfy the formal requirements defined in the notice of competition;
Phase two – the Competition Committee evaluates candidates based on a review of the documents presented by candidates and interviews with selected candidates.
- Upon the conclusion of the competition, the Competition Committee recommends a candidate for the post or determines that none of the candidates satisfied the requirements. The Competition Committee may recommend more than one candidates for the same position, if such candidates declare their willingness to part-time employment.
- The Committee presents the results to the Head of the Institute.
- After the competition is resolved, the Scientific Advisory Board of the Institute gives an opinion on the successful candidate.
- The successful candidate will be employed at the Institute as of the date the Head of the Institute makes the relevant decision.
- Results of the competition are immediately announced to the general public at the public notices section (BIP) of the Institute’s website.
- If the competition is not resolved by the selection of a candidate or if the Institute of Justice Head forgoes employing a candidate following a negative opinion of the Scientific Advisory Board, a new competition may be announced.
Candidates should submit application documents on or before 2nd October 2019 personally to the Secretariat of the Institute or send them to the following address: Instytut Wymiaru Sprawiedliwości, ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 25, 00-071 Warszawa, Polska (mailed documents that arrive after the final date will not be accepted). Please write “Konkurs na stanowisko adiunkta - SPPC” (Competition for the adjunct’s post) on the envelope.
Selected candidates will be invited for interviews on 10th October 2019. Candidates are kindly requested to provide us with a telephone number so that we can invite them to an interview. During the interview, a candidate may be asked to present a selected subject of civil law.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- have a significant academic achievements in comparative law, who graduated law studies abroad or a Foreign Law School in Poland,
- have a command of another than English foreign language that is sufficient for using foreign literature,
- have experience in a law practice, in organising scientific conferences, performing organizing functions in research entities and who participated in research teams,
- have ability to guarantee on time execution of research work and have time for performing additional organizing functions at the Institute of Justice.
The competition is open to candidates who satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- have the PhD degree in legal sciences obtained or recognised in the Republic of Poland;
- have a fluent command of Polish, written and spoken;
- have not been convicted by a final court judgment for an intentional offence;
- be able to fully exercise civil and citizen’s rights;
- have a command of English.
EURAXESS offer ID: 447042
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.