ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Fluid Flow Machinery Polish Academy of Science
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Mechanical engineeringPhysics › Thermodynamics
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/11/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Gdansk
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/12/2019
The Institute of Fluid Flow Machinery Polish Academy of Sciences (Instytut Maszyn Przepływowych im Roberta Szewalskiego Polskiej Akademii Nauk) is the leading organization in the field of fluid mechanics, multiphase flows, thermodynamics and heat exchange, laser measurement techniques, machinery dynamics, tribology and diagnostics of energy production machinery. The thematic orientation of its research concerns aerodynamics, solid mechanics and energy conversion in flows including plasma and lasers.
The Department of Renewable Energy is a part of the Centre of Thermomechanics of Fluids of the Institute. Our research topics include:
- Combustion and gasification of biomass.
- Boilers, thermochemical reactors (pyrolyzers, gasifiers) and heat exchangers.
- Disposal of wastes.
- Porous media.
- Numerical methods.
The Department of Renewable Energy has at its disposal a very modern laboratory base. It includes Laboratory for Biofuels and Microenergetics and Chemical Analysis Laboratory. Our research group has also participated in the design of one of the laboratories in the Research Center PAN in Jabłonna near Warsaw.
The research the Candidate will take part in cover:
- heat transfer processes accounting for phase transitions, chemical phenomena and
- developing mathematical models of pyrolysis and combustion in granular media taking
into account the particles' movement, and implementation of these models into the
in-house numerical codes.
- experimental studies on heat transfer problems and thermochemical processes.
- designing and optimizing the energy devices (solid fuel burners, combustion chambers,
- participation in research projects and other tasks at Renewable Energy Department.
We offer a full time, challenging position in a young and rapidly growing Department of Renewable Energy. We offer a salary predicted for that position at IMP PAN, plus extra salary depending on research projects possibilities.
o PhD in mechanical engineering, physics or related fields.
o Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
o Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Polish.
o High motivation for scientific work and a strong commitment to research work.
1.Form of applications: Applications in English shall be sent by email.
2. Candidates interested in applying for the position should submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• CV / scientific resume
• Copies of diplomas and/or certificates
• Personal questionnaire
• Publication record including journal papers, conference presentations, research projects, prizes etc.
3. During the recruitment process the selected candidates may be invited for an interview (in person or via internet).
4. The result of the recruitment procedure will be sent to the candidates via email.
5. Please include in the application the following statement:
"I hereby authorize to process my personal data included in my application for the needs of the recruitment process
(in accordance with the Act of 08.20.1997 r. on personal data protection - Dz. U. No 133, item 883) ".
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Mechanical engineering
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCEMore than 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: PhD or equivalentPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: GoodPOLISH: Excellent
1. PhD degree in technical sciences (mechanical engineering or related fields).
2. Experience in conducting research in the area of:
- Pyrolysis and gasification of solid fuels,
- Combustion of gaseous and solid fuels,
- Modelling and computations of thermal and flow processes, also in reactive two-phase fluid/solid systems.
1. Skills in developing mathematical models in the area of thermochemical conversion of solid fuels.
2. Skills in developing in-house numerical codes (in Fortran 95).
3. Experience in designing devices for energy systems.
4. Experience in the management of research projects and participation in such projects, including international ones.
EURAXESS offer ID: 453934
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.