ORGANISATION/COMPANYCentre of Molecular and Macromolecular Studies Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/12/2019 16:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Lodz
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE02/01/2020
Project: Mesoporous and self-assembled molecular transporters as drug carriers and other low molecular weight chemical species.
Postdoctoral scientists will participate in one year-long research project (with possibility of extension to three years) in which the main objective is to recognize and describe the mechanisms, which decide on the final architecture, functions and applicability of molecular transporters, belonging to the group of self-assembling peptide systems, and porhyrinoid-peptide conjunctions, as well as the interactions of the respective transporters with the transported small chemical entities (drug molecules, metal ions, gases).
1. Opportunities to acquire skills in the field of mechanosynthesis and extensive characterization of diverse organic compounds.
2. Acquiring or extending the skills of using NMR techniques (in particular Solid State NMR).
3. Funds for visits to other laboratories to conduct measurements, and for attending scientific conferences.
4. Friendly and highly motivating interdisciplinary and international team-work environment.
5. Rewarding salary of 10000 PLN/month brutto.
Please include in your offer: “I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by the Center of Molecular and Macromolecular Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Łódź, NIP: 7240004662, ul. Sienkiewicza 112, 90-363 Łódź for the purposes of the recruitment process.”
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentPOLISH: Excellent
1. PhD degree in Chemistry or related to Chemistry.
2. Research experience in at least one of the following: organic synthesis, peptide synthesis, self-assembling of peptide nanotubes, peptide molecular transporter, structural studies, theoretical calculations of solid matter, NMR techniques, X-ray Crystallography of single crystals, X-ray Crystallography of Powders.
3. Enthusiasm and high motivation for learning new techniques dedicated to structural studies.
4. Proficiency in spoken and written English.
5. Writing reports and publications, presentations of obtained results on conferences and group meetings.
EURAXESS offer ID: 463268
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.