ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Warsaw, Faculty of Biology
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/11/2019 10:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2020
Research Assistant position
in the Department of Bacterial Genetics, Institute of Microbiology
Candidates must meet the conditions set out in the Polish Law on Higher Education of 20 July 2018 (Dz. U. z 2018 r., poz. 1668, as amended) and of the Statute of the University of Warsaw.
Terms of employment: 1 full time; employment contract for 13 months (since 1st of March 2020) in SONATA BIS scientific project supported by the National Science Centre. Candidates selected in the competition will be subjected to regular assessments.
Profile of candidates / requirements:
- PhD degree in bioinformatics, biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, biophysics or a similar area obtained not earlier than 7 years prior to the employment in the project (note: this period does not include periods of maternity or parental leave, or other circumstances described in the Polish National Science Centre SONATA BIS project regulations);
- publications in major international scientific journals;
- a specific plan for further research activities;
- scientific independence, very good organizational and team working skills;
- desired experience in: i) metagenomic, metatranscriptomic and/or genomic analyses of bacterial microbiocenoses; ii) programming skills (preferentially Python scripting); iii) experience in planning and realization of tasks in the field of microbiology;
- desired national or international research trainings (e.g. active participation in conferences, participation in scientific projects; collaboration with researchers from various research units reflected by joint publications)
- mandatory contact with the project leader – dr. hab. Lukasz Dziewit (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to submitting an application.
- application addressed to the Rector of the University of Warsaw containing consent “I give permission to the University of Warsaw, registered at the address of ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa, to process my personal data for the purposes of carrying out the recruitment procedure, choosing the employee, and entering into an employment contract with the University of Warsaw, if applicable. I have been informed about my legal rights and obligations in relation to these actions. I acknowledge that providing the aforementioned personal data is done by me on a voluntary basis.“;
- copy of a PhD diploma;
- information on the processing of personal data (the form is available at the University of Warsaw webpage http://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze/);
- 3 photos;
- scientific CV;
- a list of scientific publications;
- information about previous employment;
- cover letter;
- a letter of recommendation from a PhD supervisor/tutor/foreign researcher with his/her contact details.
The documents should be submitted to the Dean's Office of the Faculty of Biology, University of Warsaw (Warsaw, Ilji Miecznikowa 1, room 104A) until November 30th, 2019, 10:00 a.m. (CET).
Applications will be evaluated by the Faculty Competition Committee. The Faculty reserves the rights to respond only to the selected applications and to close the competition without selecting a candidate.
The contest will take place no later than 27th of January 2020.
The competition is the first stage of the employment procedure, defined by the University of Warsaw Statute, and its positive outcome is the basis for further proceedings.
EURAXESS offer ID: 463277
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.