PROFIL NAUKOWCAFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
TERMIN SKŁADANIA DOKUMENTÓW19/12/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOKALIZACJAPoland › Kraków
LICZBA GODZIN TYGODNIOWO40
Data rozpoczęcia OFERTA01/01/2020
“Label-free and rapid optical imaging, detection and sorting of leukemia cells”
Project is carried out within the TEAM-NET programme of the Foundation for Polish Science
Leukemias are malignancies originating from hematopoietic or lymphoid precursors caused by genetic lesions leading to biochemical, proteomic and metabolomics abnormalities. Current leukemia diagnostics is based on genetic and phenotypic characterization of cancer cells. The project aims to develop the first Stimulated Raman Scattering (SRS) microscopic-microfluidic system for non-invasive imaging of live cells and apply it to rapid leukemia cell imaging, diagnostics and sorting. Multidisciplinary partners establishing the consortium will characterize Raman spectra of leukemic cells and link them to biological features of the disease. These data will be thereafter used to design and construct, microfluidic diagnostic device utilizing SRS microscopy which should provide cost-effective early diagnostics and follow up of leukemia patients.
Key responsibilities include:
- spectroscopy measurements of biological samples;
- data analysis of obtained results;
- preparation of research papers and presenting the research results at international conferences;
- co-supervision of BSc and MSc students.
- Stipend, 3800 PLN monthly
- Maximum period of stipend: 36 months
- Scientific and organizational support.
- Access to the modern research equipment.
- Work at the interdisciplinary laboratories.
- Friendly, inspirational, interdisciplinary work environment.
Please submit the documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use "DOCTORAL_STUDENT_2" as a title of your message.
One of the recruitment steps is a job interview.
We will contact selected candidates only.
Candidates who will receive a negative response about the recruitment result may appeal within 7 days. The appeal should be sent to the following address: email@example.com
The candidate cannot receive another scholarship under another program implemented by the Foundation for Polish Science, regardless of the source of their funding, except for the Start program.
WYMAGANE WYKSZTAŁCENIEChemistry: Master Degree or equivalent
WYMAGANE JĘZYKIENGLISH: Excellent
Profile of candidates/requirements:
• status of PhD student in chemistry, biology or similar area
• knowledge and experience in spectroscopic measurements and chemometric analysis;
• preferable experience in working with biological samples (including cells);
• fluent knowledge of English in speech and writing;
- CV with a list of the most important scientific achievements.
- A list of publications, talks at conferences and workshops, and a list of academic prizes and awards.
- A letter of recommendation from the supervisor.
- Scan of the signed “Personal data processing information for job applicants”.
Numer oferty: 463764
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.