ORGANIZACJA/FIRMAInstitute of Nuclear Physics Polish Academy of Sciences
DZIEDZINA BADAŃPhysics › Neutron physics
PROFIL NAUKOWCARecognised Researcher (R2)
TERMIN SKŁADANIA DOKUMENTÓW17/07/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOKALIZACJAPoland › Cracow
LICZBA GODZIN TYGODNIOWO40
Data rozpoczęcia OFERTA01/10/2020
- Preparation of a catalogue of possible experiments addressing fundamental scientific problems in the field of nuclear physics using a 40 MeV pulsed high-intensity deuteron beam and a pulsed beam of neutrons, which can be available at the DONES facility.
- Identification of the required infrastructure and conditions, including detections systems, necessary for the experiments described in (1).
- A conceptual feasibility study of said experiments based on Monte Carlo simulations.
Type of contract: 12 months
full-time position, no teaching obligations - only research,
annual leave 36 days,
well equipped facilities, the tools required for research: computer farms and cloud computing infrastructure, software, servers, etc.
work in active an inspiring environment; an active seminar program, the possibility for close collaborations with other research institutes,
access to world-class experts,
from day one enhanced maternity, adoption and shared parental leave and four weeks paid paternity partner leave
All the applications will be reviewed by 3-member committee, and upon the final decision all the applicants will be informed about the results https://www.ifj.edu.pl/kariera/zarzadzenia/2020/Zarzadzenie_5_2020_AD.pdf
For any question please contact dr hab. Wojciech Krolas - email@example.com
Web site for additional job details
WYMAGANE WYKSZTAŁCENIEPhysics: PhD or equivalent
WYMAGANE JĘZYKIENGLISH: Excellent
- PhD degree in physics;
- at least a several-year experience in experimental nuclear spectroscopy with neutron and ion beams;
- demonstrated ability to prepare in-beam measurement projects using a neutron beam
- knowledge of computer codes for simulation of nuclear radiation detection processes
- basic knowledge of the main goals of the DONES project
The applications should contain:
- a request for employment specifying the scope of interests of an applicant in relation to research conducted at IFJ PAN,
- a CV including information on professional advancement and a list of publications and conference lectures, etc.
- recommendation letter or other document confirming that a candidate meets essential requirements specified in the competition
- GPDR consent statement
The applications may also contain additional information useful for the candidate’s qualification and academic achievements assessment.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Dowiedz się więcej na Institute of Nuclear Physics Polish Academy of Sciences
Dowiedz się więcej OTM-R
Numer oferty: 537746
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.