ORGANIZACJA/FIRMAUniversity of Warsaw Biological and Chemical Research Centre
DZIEDZINA BADAŃChemistryComputer science
PROFIL NAUKOWCAFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
TERMIN SKŁADANIA DOKUMENTÓW10/05/2022 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOKALIZACJAPoland › Warsaw
Title / job title
PhD student in Bioinformatics
as a PhD student under the Polish-Chinese Sheng research project 2021/40/Q/ NZ2/00078 "Integrative methods for modeling protein-protein complexes and multimolecular assemblies" financed by the National Science Center, project manager: dr hab. Sebastian Kmiecik, prof. of the University of Warsaw..
Number of positions: 1
The project "Integrative methods for modeling protein-protein complexes and multimolecular assemblies" includes developing new software and/or using state-of-the-art structural bioinformatics software to study the structure of protein-protein complexes (or proteins with other molecules), study structure-function relationships, drug design, supporting experimental biomedical research, cooperation with external research groups. Within the project we will cooperate with prof. Huang group from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in China.
- exploring new scientific areas; learning new skills at the interface of bioinformatics, biology and medicine
- conducting research within the project (development and/or application of various methods for modeling structures of protein complexes; use of available experimental data and machine learning methods; practical applications of the software for example in drug design; analysis of modeling results; software integration and the creation of high-throughput modeling protocols)
- active participation in conducting research and entire publication proces (from idea to writing the final draft), possible conducting commercial projects
- cooperation and effective communication with the team and external research groups
- participation in determining research strategies and new research directions
What we offer
- determining directions of work based on discussions, work culture based on cooperation and support from the team; your personal growth and your opinions will be important to us
- full-time Ph.D. scholarship for 12-33 months in the amount of 5000 PLN net/month + scholarship from the Doctoral School in the standard recruitment time in June. Non-standard recruitment time results in significantly lower scholarship (5000 PLN gross).
- co-authorship of publications in recognized scientific journals
- participation in research projects on innovative biotechnology projects
- possibility of commercial cooperation with biotech and pharmaceutical companies
- support in the realization of own research ideas and self-education
- participation in international conferences
- good working conditions in a modern building of the Center for Biological and Chemical Sciences https://cnbch.uw.edu.pl/ in the center of Warsaw at the Ochota Campus of the University of Warsaw in close proximity to other research institutions in the field of biology, physics, chemistry and medicine
- flexible working hours
The application should be sent by e-mail to Sebastian Kmiecik at the address firstname.lastname@example.org by 10/05/2022. The application should contain:
- CV (if you are a co-author of publications, please describe your contribution in their creation)
- you can attach copies of documents confirming skills and experience
- consent to the processing of personal data for the purpose of the recruitment.
Selected candidates will be informed about the date of the meeting by e-mail. The recruitment meeting will be held online. The results of the competition will be announced on the website cnbch.uw.edu.pl no later than 14 days after the competition is adjudicated.
- MSc degree in chemistry, informatics, biology, or similar (or thesis close to being defended)
- experience in bioinformatics
- pro-activity and result-oriented attitude, ability to function in a situation where the framework of action is broadly defined, you will be expected to be fully responsible for conducted projects end-to-end
- good knowledge of the English language (written and spoken)
- programming skills are very welcome (Python and other languages) but not necessary if you see yourself more like a software user in solving biology/medicine problems
- machine learning skills are very welcome
Numer oferty: 739011
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.