ORGANIZACJA/FIRMAUniversity of Warsaw Biological and Chemical Research Centre
DZIEDZINA BADAŃChemistryComputer science
PROFIL NAUKOWCARecognised Researcher (R2)
TERMIN SKŁADANIA DOKUMENTÓW10/05/2022 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOKALIZACJAPoland › Warsaw
LICZBA GODZIN TYGODNIOWO40
Title / job title
as a Bioinformatics Postdoc under the Polish-Chinese Sheng research project 2021/40/Q/ NZ2/00078 "Integrative methods for modeling protein-protein complexes and multimolecular assemblies" financed by the National Science Center, project manager: dr hab. Sebastian Kmiecik, prof. of the University of Warsaw.
Available positions: 2.
Employed persons will conduct research in the field of life sciences, in the discipline of chemical sciences.
The project "Integrative methods for modeling protein-protein complexes and multimolecular assemblies" includes developing new software and/or using state-of-the-art structural bioinformatics software to study the structure of protein-protein complexes (or proteins with other molecules), study structure-function relationships, drug design, supporting experimental biomedical research, cooperation with external research groups. Within the project we will cooperate with prof. Huang group from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in China.
- conducting research within the project (development and/or application of various methods for modeling structures of protein complexes; use of available experimental data and machine learning methods; practical applications of the software for example in drug design; analysis of modeling results; software integration and the creation of high-throughput modeling protocols)
- active participation in conducting research and entire publication proces (from idea to writing the final draft), possible conducting commercial projects
- cooperation and effective communication with the team and external research groups
- participation in determining research strategies and new research directions
What we offer
- determining directions of work based on discussions, work culture based on cooperation and support from the team; your personal growth and your opinions will be important to us
- temporary employment at the University of Warsaw (full-time for 12-34 months) PLN 120,000 gross total per year (monthly about 5.3 – 5.7k net, depending on current regulations, plus additional „13th” salary every year)
- no requirement to conduct teaching
- co-authorship of publications in recognized scientific journals
- participation in research projects on innovative biotechnology projects
- possibility of commercial cooperation with biotech and pharmaceutical companies
- support in the realization of own research ideas and self-education
- participation in international conferences
- good working conditions in a modern building of the Center for Biological and Chemical Sciences https://cnbch.uw.edu.pl/ in the center of Warsaw at the Ochota Campus of the University of Warsaw in close proximity to other research institutions in the field of biology, physics, chemistry and medicine
Apply by sending an email to Sebastian Kmiecik email@example.com until 10/05/2022. Your application should contain:
- CV including list of publications (please describe shortly your contribution in the creation of your most important publications)
- you can attach copies of documents confirming skills and experience
- consent to the processing of personal data for the purpose of the recruitment - a scan of the signed document "Information on the processing of personal data", available for download from http://bsp.strony.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze/, tab “For the person applying for employment”, file http://bsp.strony.uw.edu.pl/wp-content/uploads/sites/166/2019/12/Klauzul....
- the following statement signed by the candidate: „I hereby declare that I have read and accept the rules of conducting competitions for the position of an academic teacher” (available at: https://monitor.uw.edu.pl/Lists/Uchway/Uchwa%C5%82a.aspx?ID=5072),
Selected candidates will be informed about the date of the interview by e-mail. The interview will take place via the Internet.
The results of the competition will be published on the website uw.edu.pl no later than 14 days after the competition is resolved.
The competition is the first stage of the employment procedure as an academic teacher, and its positive outcome is the basis for further proceedings
- Ph.D. degree in chemistry, informatics, biology, or related sciences conferred in the year of employment in the project or within 7 years before 1 January of the year of joining the project (this period may be extended by a time of long-term (in excess of 90 days) documented sick leaves or rehabilitation leaves granted on account of being unfit to work. In addition, the period may be extended by the number of months of a child care leave granted pursuant to the Labour Code and in the case of women, by 18 months for every child born or adopted, whichever manner of accounting for career breaks is preferable) and awarded by another institution than University of Warsaw, unless the candidate have completed a continuous and evidenced post-doctoral fellowship of at least 10 months in another institution than University of Warsaw and in another country than the one in which they have been conferred a PhD degree
- experience in structural bioinformatics, co-authorship as the first or corresponding author of at least 1 original scientific article published in a journal with Impact Factor
- pro-activity and result-oriented attitude, ability to function in a situation where the framework of action is broadly defined, you will be expected to be fully responsible for conducted projects end-to-end
- good knowledge of the English language (written and spoken)
- programming skills are very welcome (Python and other languages) but not necessary if you see yourself more like a software user in solving biology/medicine problems
- machine learning skills are very welcome
- leadership skills (efficiency in delegating tasks and monitoring the results of other works) are welcome
Numer oferty: 739020
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.