ORGANIZACJA/FIRMAUniversity of Luxembourg
DZIEDZINA BADAŃComputer scienceEngineering
PROFIL NAUKOWCARecognised Researcher (R2)
TERMIN SKŁADANIA DOKUMENTÓW31/12/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOKALIZACJALuxembourg › Luxembourg
LICZBA GODZIN TYGODNIOWO40
The University of Luxembourg is seeking to hire a highly motivated and an outstanding researcher in the area of optimization performance of interference-limited wireless communication systems for its Interdisciplinary Centre of Security and Trust (SnT), within the Signal Processing and Communications (SigCom) research group, led by Prof. Björn Ottersten and Dr. Symeon Chatzinotas.
SnT carries out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) systems and services, often in collaboration with governmental, industrial and international partners. SnT is active in several national projects funded by National Research Fund (FNR) and local industries, and international research projects funded by the EU FP7 programme, H2020 programme and the European Space Agency (ESA). For further information, you may check: www.securityandtrust.lu
The SigCom research group carries out research activities in the areas of signal processing for wireless communication systems including satellite communications and radar systems, and is currently expanding its research activities in exploring several emerging use cases of next generation wireless communications systems. For details, you may refer to the following: https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/sigcom
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
The successful candidates are expected to perform the following tasks:
- Analyzing and investigating methods that provide high performance over interference-limited wireless communication systems
- Developing novel optimization-based techniques/algorithms as well as low-complexity sub-optimal solutions proving the trade-off between complexity and performance
- Implementing and developing a software and/or hardware testing environment to compare and evaluate the proposed techniques
- Disseminating results through scientific publications and conferences
- The candidates are expected to actively contribute to the different research projects, either coordinating technical contribution and/or preparing project deliverables
- Preparing new research proposals to attract industrial, national and European projects
- Providing assistance in the supervision of PhD students
- A PhD degree in Telecommunication Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science/engineering with a focus on wireless communications
- International experience is desirable
- Sound publication track record in relevant international conferences and top journals in some of the following research areas:
- Multi-antenna signal processing, e.g. beamforming/precoding
- Radio resource management, e.g. power/bandwidth assignment, scheduling
- Radio access technologies
- Interference Management, Detection and/or Classification
- Quantum Computing
- Experience with a number of optimization tools and typical convexification strategies
- Experience with machine learning is a plus
- Strong programming skills in MATLAB. Python, JULIA, C++, HDL (VHDL, Verilog, HLS, etc.) are desirable but not mandatory
- Experience of working with industrial projects or public funded research projects is highly desirable.
- Desirable but not mandatory: Hands-on implementation and testing of AI-accelerated signal processing with dedicated hardware (GPU, FPGA, AI chipsets: Versal AI, Jetson TX2, Movidius Myriad, etc.)
- Highly committed, excellent team-worker, and strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Here’s what awaits you at SnT...
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 45 industry partners
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month (which may be extended up to five years)
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL05202
The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral Researcher at the UL is EUR 77167 (full time)
How to apply...
Applications, written in English should be submitted online and include:
- Curriculum Vitae, including:
- Contact address
- For each degree received or currently enrolled in, provide the degree, institution name, institution city and country, and start date and date (or expected date) of graduation. Include the title and short summary of your PhD Thesis and supervisor name (and Bachelor / Master Thesis if you did one)
- If you do not have yet received your PhD but will do soon, please include a tentative graduation date
- List of publications (authors, title, journal/conference name and date of publication). Provide a link in case of open access
- Name, affiliation and contact details of three referees
- Cover letter with motivations and topics of particular interest to the candidate (approx. 1 page)
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by Email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
About the University of Luxembourg...
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
what is the context?
Numer oferty: 825774
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.