ORGANIZACJA/FIRMAUniversity of Aveiro
PROFIL NAUKOWCAFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
TERMIN SKŁADANIA DOKUMENTÓW31/08/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
LOKALIZACJAPortugal › Aveiro
Reference: Public notice 3/2022/BI/GOVCOPP
NOTICE FOR THE AWARD OF GRANTS IN THE SCOPE OF R&D PROJECTS AND INSTITUTIONS
A tender is hereby opened for the award of one Research Grant (RG) in the scope of R&D Unit of Research in Governance, Competitiveness and Public Policy – GOVCOPP (UIDB/04058/2022), under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Public Policy
2. Funding Source
a) Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P./MCTES, through national funds (PIDDAC)
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the aforementioned scientific areas and must be enrolled in a doctoral program. Candidates must have good technical-methodological training, particularly in the collection and processing of quantitative and qualitative information. Priority is given to previous research experience in the specific scientific areas above specified, including experience in the use of qualitative (document and content analysis) and quantitative techniques (production of statistical information, univariate bivariate and multivariate analysis of statistical data). Applicants must also have a good command of English and excellent writing and scientific reporting skills. Prior experience of science and technology management activities in research centers, observatories or research projects and the capacity or organization and autonomy are also valued.
The proof of enrolment must be made available until the contract is awarded, and the candidate may attach a declaration of honor to confirm that they meet the requirements for enrolment in an integrated master's degree, master's or doctoral program or in a course that does not confer an academic degree.
If the qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act.
4. Eligibility: Applicants are eligible if they comply with paragraph a) of no.1 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, as well as nos. 1 and 2 of article 6 of the Research Grant Regulations of the Foundation for Science and Technology. The RG(s) awarded to undergraduate or master students enrolled in courses that do not confer academic degree may only be granted to those who do not exceed, upon conclusion of the grant contract in question, including possible renewals, an accumulated period of two years in that type of grant, consecutive or interpolated, under the terms of no.5 of article 6 of the aforementioned Regulations.
5. Work plan: Participation in the various activities of the Research Unit, namely in the collection and systematization of information, data processing and analysis, participation in the preparation of reports; supporting the Research Unit’s conferences and publications; organizing and managing the activities of the PI2 group, always in close collaboration with the coordinators of the PI2 group.
6. Applicable legislation and regulations: Statute of Scientific Research Grant Holder, as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th; Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (FCT, I.P. Research Grants Regulation); Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th (Legal regime for recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
7. Workplace: The work will be carried out at the Research Unit on Governance, Competitiveness and Public Policies of the University of Aveiro, under the scientific supervision of Professor Doctor Gonçalo Santinha.
8. Duration of the grant: The grant duration will be 6 months, starting on October 1st, 2022, and may be renewed for additional periods of 6 months, up to the maximum limit of approved funding. Under no circumstances shall it exceed the limits defined in nos. 3 and 4 of article 6, of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.).
9. Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant corresponds to €1,144.64, according to the table of monthly maintenance allowance amounts set out in Annex I of Regulation no. 950/2019, subject to any updates that may be applicable, under the terms of no. 2 of article 18 of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.). The fellow may also be reimbursed for the amount corresponding to the Voluntary Social Security, in case of adherence to this plan.
10. Selection methods: Selection will be based on curriculum evaluation, with the respective valuation of the following elements: academic qualifications (30%); research experience in the scientific areas of the competition (30%): experience in science and technology management; language knowledge, particularly English (10%). The jury may additionally select up to five candidates for an interview. This interview may be online. The interviews will award candidates additional points (100 points).
11. Composition of the Selection Jury: The selection of candidates will be carried out by a jury consisting of the President of the Jury, Professor Doctor Gonçalo Santinha, Professor Doctor Patrícia Silva and Doctor Alexandra Polido. The jury will also be composed of two alternate members: Professor Doctor Sara Moreno Pires and Professor Doctor José Carlos Mota.
12. Deadline for applications and how to submit applications: The call is open from August 16th, 2022, to August 31st, 2022, and only applications submitted within the deadline will be admitted.
Applications must be formalized by sending a letter of application accompanied by the following documents: detailed Curriculum Vitae, copy of Certificates of Qualifications, declaration of honor and proof of enrollment in the Doctoral Program. They shall also indicate the e-mail address to which by such indication they accept to be notified for all purposes within this procedure.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Form of publication/notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be published through an ordered list by final mark obtained posted on the University's website, within 90 working days after the final date of submission of the application, and the successful candidate will be notified by email. For the purposes of prior hearing of interested parties, the deadline of 10 working days is set, as provided for in the Code of Administrative Procedure. At the end of the period for hearing the interested parties, and in the absence of any response from them, the list of candidates will become final. Candidates may lodge a complaint against the final decision within 15 working days, or appeal to the maximum executive body of the funding entity within 30 working days after notification of the final decision, in accordance with the provisions of article 12 of the Research Grants Regulation of the Foundation for Science and Technology.
14. Tender duration: The final ranking list of candidates will be valid until December 31st, 2022, for the purpose of constituting a reserve list for selection.
The models of the grant contract and of the final report to be prepared by the grant holder and the supervisor are available at Research fellows - sgrh - Universidade de Aveiro (ua.pt).
University of Aveiro, August 12th, 2022
Numer oferty: 825788
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.