Temporary registration in the district/municipal office

Living in Europe, Working in Europe | Entry conditions/visas | Poland

This is an obligatory registration (in Polish called meldunek) not only for foreigners but also for Polish nationals.

If you are planning to stay in Poland in a certain town for more than 14 days, you need to register in the relevant municipal/district office at latest on 4th day after your arrival. If you move to another city/town, you need to register in this city/town again.

In order to register, you will need:

  • your personal data (passport or ID card),
  • visa or residence card - for the officials to see the date of your legal stay in Poland,
  • a flat/apartment/house lease contract or hotel/dormitory reservation document,
  • registration form (signed also by the apartment owner or an authorised person from the hotel/dormitory).

The registration will be valid for the same period as your legal stay in Poland. If you came to Poland on the basis on the visa-free movement, your legal stay and, in the same time, the registration terminates after 90 days from crossing the Polish border.