Skip to main content
Working in EuropeRecognition of diplomasPoland

Regulated professions


If the qualifications were gained in the EU or EFTA member states, and Switzerland, they have to be recognized by the competent authority in that country. If there are significant differences between the required qualifications, then a person needs to go through an adaptation period or take a test in Poland.

If the qualifications were obtained outside the EU and EFTA member states, or Switzerland, they will be recognised in Poland in accordance with the national legislation. This means that a person wishing to practice a regulated profession in Poland should first have the foreign certificate or higher education diploma recognized by a relevant authority, and only then he/she should apply for professional rights in accordance with the regulations related to the given profession.

For questions related to recognition of qualifications, contact Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA).