ORGANISATION NAMEPolish National Agency for Academic Exchange NAWA
FUNDING TYPEMobility Incoming
RESEARCH FIELDFormal sciencesHumanitiesNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciencesSocial sciences
CAREER STAGEEstablished Researcher (R3) (Researchers who have developed a level of independence)Leading Researcher (R4) (Researchers leading their research area or field)
Call for proposals in the second edition of the Polish Returns Programme, which is addressed to Polish scientists working in HEIs around the world. The objective is to encourage the return of Polish scientists who have achieved scientific and didactic success in foreign scientific centres.
This is the only grant offer for Polish scientists residing in scientific centres abroad, which gives them the opportunity to:
- return to Poland to create their own project group (research team)
- conduct research in Poland under optimum conditions or carry out developmental work on par with global standards
- seek cooperation from specialists with international experience and knowledge in the field of the newest research trends in their scientific discipline through scientific units and research institutes
What is funded
The following shall be financed under the Programme:
- remuneration for the Returning Scientist together with employer costs
- remuneration for members of the Project Group together with employer costs
- resettlement expenses and costs of adapting the workplace
NAWA shall provide financing for projects carried out for a period of 36–48 months, in the maximum amount of PLN 2,270,000 for one project.
The Returning Scientist may be any person who:
- is a Polish citizen
- received a doctoral degree before 31 January 2016
- did not live or work in Poland between 31 January 2017 and the date of submitting the application
- during his or her stay abroad has been engaged in scientific work for at least 2 years at a university, research unit, scientific institute or in a research department of a foreign enterprise based outside of Poland
- may demonstrate at least 3 of the achievements listed below:
- a publication, as a significant contributing author
- a reviewed scientific monograph in of the following languages: Russian, Spanish, Italian, German, English, French
- a publication in reviewed materials from an international conference
- in the case of art studies: having made at least two presentations of two different works of art in a foreign cultural institution or an academic centre or having received an award or a distinction in an international competition
The Programme is open to Returning Scientists representing all fields of science.
More information is available here.
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.