ORGANISATION NAMEInternational Centre for Research on Innovative Biobased materials
RESEARCH FIELDNatural sciences
CAREER STAGEFirst Stage Researcher (R1) (Up to the point of PhD)
SCHOLARSHIP FOR PhD STUDENT
ICRI-Biom is seeking a PhD Student to hold a scholarship founded by Foundation for Polish Science
in the laboratory of Professor Alexander Steinbüchel
ICRI-BioM is an International Research Agenda, established within Lodz University of Technology under the Foundation for Polish Science MAB PLUS Program in collaboration with the Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research in Mainz. It aims at the creation of an excellent scientific unit that focuses on combining polymer chemistry with molecular biosystems engineering experimentally and with the aid of computational sciences. Ultimately, it will be composed of two groups, led by senior Principal Investigators (one of them being the director, Professor Alexander Steinbüchel) of the highest scientific standings, and three junior PI groups. It is expected that the collaboration and synergy between these groups, local scientific environment, and international cooperation will lead to breakthrough research in basic and applied sciences.
- experience in synthesis and degradation of biopolymers and synthetic polymers,
- cultivations of microorganisms,
- practical experience in molecular biology methods and/or enzyme purification and characterization,
- good knowledge and/or interest in computational sciences,
- capability and interest to present the results of investigations in international publications, national and international conferences, patents, etc.,
- good command of English.
- monthly scholarship of maximum 6 000 PLN gross depending on qualifications,
- contract through the end of 2023 with conditional renewal,
- great research environment at Lodz Bionanopark facilities.
Interested candidates are requested to e-mail the following documentation (in the pdf format):
- brief CV (up to 1 standard page)
- topic and content of the Master’s Thesis
by May 21st, 2021 (or until the position is filled) to:
Professor Alexander Steinbüchel, Director of ICRI-BioM to:
In the second stage, short-listed candidates will be asked to provide a more elaborate CV and prepare their vision of the research.
In order to allow us to process submission, please include the following statement in the application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the Lodz University of Technology with its registered office at ul. Zeromskiego 116, 90-924 Lodz for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee, and concluding a contract for employment at the Lodz University of Technology. I have been informed of my rights and duties (as described http://www.icri-biom.p.lodz.pl/sites/default/files/RODO-TUL_en.pdf. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary”.
TUL values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity.
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.