Skip to main content
Living in Europe, Working in EuropeEntry conditions/visasPoland

Registration of EU, EFTA and Swiss citizens


Information for ctizens of European Union, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland

Those who plan to stay longer than 3 months are obliged to register their stay in the Voivodeship Office (Urząd Wojewódzki) of the region (voivodship) where they intend to reside at latest on the next day following the 3 months.

The registration procedure is easy and free-of-charge. You need to submit the following documents:

an application form,

ID or passport,

in case of employment - employment contract,

in case of higher education, including PhD education: a confirmation from the higher education institution, health insurance confirmation, and proof of having sufficient financial resources for the stay (also for acompanying family members) by presenting a bank statement or a credit card. The minimum monthly amounts are PLN 701 for persons coming alone, or PLN 528 for each family member.

The document confirming the registration is a written statement valid for an indefinite period.


Family members

The family members are: spouses of the European citizens, their or their spouse's children of up to 21 years of age or being financially dependent, and their or spouse's parents being financially dependent.

Family members who are non-EU citizens: to stay longer than 3 months in Poland, they have to apply for a residence permit (a plastic card) at latest on the next day following the 3 months.

The residence permit is also issued by the Voivodeship Office competent for the place of residence and the procedure is also free-of-charge.

The following documents are required:

an application form,

the registration confirmation of the family member - EU citizen who provides for the family,

travel document (passport),

5 photographs

docucments confirming family ties: marriage certificates, children's birth certificates and other documents confirming that they are financially dependent.

As all the documents have to be submitted in Polish, documents issued in foreign languages have to be translated by a certified translator of the Polish language.

The residence permit for the family members is issued within 6 months but the Office gives a confirmation of submitting the documents during the visit.