The purpose of the programme - to develop the skills of new scientists and to increase the scientific capacity, ensuring the possibilities for new scientists to start a career in scientific institutions and with enterprises, as well as improvement of research competences, renewal of human resources and increase in the number of qualified specialists.
The target group of the programme is postdoctoral researchers – Latvian or foreign researchers who have acquired doctoral degree not more than 5 years before the deadline for submitting the research application.
A postdoctoral researcher from abroad may implement the following aided activities within the scope of a research application:
• acquisition, approval and defense of intellectual property rights,
• knowledge and technology transfer,
• training, international mobility and networking.
The conditions of the project:
• a research applicant is a scientific institution or enterprise of the Republic of Latvia, which establishes employment relations with a postdoctoral researcher and ensures access to infrastructure and human resources for implementation of the research necessary within the scope of the research application,
• the maximum total eligible funding of a research application shall be 133 806 euros,
• the maximum duration of the project implementation is 36 months.
We would kindly require to circulate this information amongst the potential postdoctoral researchers and research organizations.
Please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Laura Andze, Senior Expert of Postdoctoral Programme, the State Education Development Agency, email@example.com.